Dancers should be age 16 or older, unless the nature, story, or subject matter of the work requires younger dancers. They should have modern/contemporary dance experience, and most importantly, be reliable and efficient. Dancers must be able to commit to attending the technical rehearsal, adjudication, and if selected, the evening performance.
● Submit an application Here, which includes details and a recording of your piece. The
submission fee is $60 ($30 for Washington County residents)
● Submissions will be reviewed and choreographers notified of acceptance by May 5th.
● Approximately 17 pieces will be accepted and given tech and adjudication times by May 15th.
● Those accepted will need to pay an additional tech fee of $50. This is to help offset the cost of
the venue and tech professionals (which is normally about $250 for this 30 minute tech time). You will also be given a voucher for a free ticket to the Choreography Showcase Finals Saturday night.
● All accepted submissions will perform and receive feedback during the Adjudication Saturday from 12:30-4:30. This performance is free to the public.
● Finalists (8-10 pieces) will be selected and notified by 5:30pm to prepare to perform in the Showcase Finals at 7:30.
● Judges Choice and Audience Choice awards are presented at the end of the Showcase Finals.
Click to view Adjudicator's Biographies